Doctor Strange introduced the Marvel Cinematic Universe to the world of magic and sorcery, it also introduced us to Stephen Strange, the sorcerer supreme (although he was far from that in this movie as it was his introduction to the MCU). The film was a hit, it made $658.60 million dollars at the box offices off a budget of $165 million so it was not a bad turnover. Now with its time in cinemas over, it is towards the home entertainment release.
The film is set for release on Blu-Ray on February 28th 2017, and Disney have recently released a list of the special features for the Blu-Ray version of the film and it has the inclusion of on surprise special feature, check them out below:
- A Strange Transformation – Open your eye to a new dimension of the Marvel Cinematic Universe, and see how the filmmakers brought one of comic books’ greatest characters to life.
- Strange Company – Find out what it’s like for the cast to work on a Marvel film, and how Director Scott Derrickson engineered one of the most ambitious, imaginative films ever.
- The Fabric of Reality – Take a closer look at the movie’s extraordinary sets, meticulously crafted costumes and amazingly detailed production elements.
- Across Time and Space – Explore the countless hours of dance and fight choreography the actors endured in preparation for their physically demanding roles.
- The Score-cerer Supreme – Join Composer Michael Giacchino and a full orchestra during live recording sessions, and experience the movie’s mind-bending music.
- Marvel Studios Phase 3 Exclusive Look – Get an early peek at Marvel’s spectacular upcoming films, including Marvel Studios’ Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2, Thor: Ragnarok, Black Panther and Avengers: Infinity War.
- Team Thor: Part 2 – See more of the hilarious partnership between Thor and his roommate Darryl in this satirical short.
- Deleted Scenes
- Strange Meets Daniel Drumm
- Kaecilius Searches for Answers
- The Kamar-Taj Courtyard
- Making Contact
- Lost in Kathmandu
- Gag Reel
- Audio Commentary by Director Scott Derrickson
Yes you have read that correctly the humorous mockumentary Team Thor that debuted at San Diego Comic Con this past year which featured superhero Thor Odinson and average, everyman Darryl Jacobson sharing a flat in Australia will feature as a special feature on the Doctor Strange Blu-Ray. If you haven’t seen it before you can check it out in the above video. The short mockumentary was a huge hit with fans, Disney decided to include it as a special feature due to how well it was received.
We here at Nerd Lowdown can’t wait to add Doctor Strange to our Blu-Ray collection when it comes out.
World-famous neurosurgeon Dr. Stephen Strange (Cumberbatch) is changed forever after a horrific car accident robs him of the use of his hands. When traditional medicine fails him, he is forced to look for healing, and hope, in an unlikely place – a mysterious enclave known as Kamar-Taj. He quickly learns that this is not just a center for healing but also the front line of a battle against unseen dark forces bent on destroying our reality. Before long Strange — armed with newly acquired magical powers — is forced to choose whether to return to his life of fortune and status or leave it all behind to defend the world as the most powerful sorcerer in existence. Join Strange on his dangerous, mystifying, and totally mind-bending journey.